Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.

I'm ken, I just put a new brain a new wire harness and

Customer Question

Hi, i'm ken, I just put a new brain a new wire harness and need to complete reprogram the key to the new brain
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Trying to program the key
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: By putting the key in the ignition and putting it out 8 - 9x
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Nissan Mechanic should know about your Nissan?
Customer: 2005 Nissan Altima 2.5
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 months ago.
Hi KenSorry to say this isn't something that you can do without a scan tool with the correct program to break into the security system. Either the dealer is required or in some cases a mobile locksmith with the correct programming info can do.It's somewhat complicated on the car, first the BCM has to be read, then a number from that is put into the Nissan data base, this produces a code which is then put into the computer to open the security so the keys can be programmed.Sorry to have to give you the crappy word on this, but it's the truth.Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.Thank you so much!