peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

JA: . What seems to be the problem? Customer:

Customer Question

JA: Hello. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: There is no gear indicator and the truck will not start
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: I'm guessing that it doesn't realize its in park. No code
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Nissan Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Recently had the transmission replaced with a used one. Started, drove fine for two months...then starting issues. No crank. Could short the starter but no ignition. Then replaced IPDM, can short the starter and truck will run. But, noticed no gear indicator. Its stuck in 4WD, and will not start on its own. No crank
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Wiggling the wires at the transmission connector
JA: Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?
Customer: External cooler for the trans, so not a coolant in the trans fluid issue
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. Can you tell me the year,make and model for this vehicle here? Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You bet. 2005 Nissan Frontier king cab 4WD, 4.0
Was the scan tool that you used one that is able to communicate with all computers including the transmission control module?If so were any codes set in it at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
u1000 u1001
No trans codes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I actually found the issue. Loose connection at the main 10 pin connector. Wiggled it with a helper and P showed up
That is great to hear the fault has been located.If you need anything else let me know. Thanks Pete