JOHN aka Eauto
JOHN aka Eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase tech over 15 years in the field uaw union member

I have. '05 Nissan Quest with flashing chech engine light on.

Customer Question

I have. '05 Nissan Quest with flashing chech engine light on. The engine seem to be miss firing. Before this all occurred the engine seemed to sound like I had an air leak, possibly in the exhaust. Very little power in engine. Have several codes. p1564, p0303, p0420, Please Help!! Thanks!!
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes, I'm all about saving some hard earned cash if I can!
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just checked the codes I sent you. So far that's it.
JA: Let's get those codes to the mechanic so you two can figure this issue out ASAP. Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?
Customer: Not that I can think of. Thanks!
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have heard these codes are common in nissans. Most of the suggestions I've received says it could be an ignition coil in cylinder 3. Bad spark plugs & wires , or fuel injectors. Some have suggested using STP injector cleaner and high octane gas. Others have said exhaust or intake leaks all the way to replacing the catylitic converter! What do you think? P.S. Plugs and wires have not been replaced in quite awhile!
Expert:  JOHN aka Eauto replied 5 months ago.

start with a ignition coil on number 3 that's the first step.. did the light just come on?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Light has been on for awhile, the light was constant not flashing.

start with coil and spark plug on 3 but the converter should be checked for restrictions..