Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.

Nissan quest: Where is the dropping resistor on 97 Nissan quest.

Customer Question

Where is the dropping resistor on 97 Nissan quest. Have air cleaner box out still don't see it. How do you remove it if found? What does it look like
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 months ago.
Hi there,The dropping resistor is mounted in the inner fender down by the horns. Replacement is simple, one or two bolts and the electrical connector and it's out. Sending a diagram of it's location and what it looks like, hopefully it will help.Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.Thank you so much!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
How do you get to horns
Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 months ago.
Try removing the inner fender liner up front, if that doesn't work, then the front bumper cover will have to come off. I am not 100% sure there are instructions for this with the older nissan manual, but I will certainly check!