chrlsman, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I am a certified ASE Master Technician with L1 Advanced Diagnostic Specialist and over 15 years experience.

Titan 4x4: I have a 2006 Nissan Titan 4x4. I have grinding

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Nissan Titan 4x4. I have grinding noise coming from the front differential during high speed. I was told repair of the differential could be very expensive. Can I just disconnect the front wheels by removing the constant velocity joint and cutting off the front axles?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  chrlsman replied 5 months ago.
Hi there. This is Chris and I am one of the techs here.You don't want to just remove the front CV axle because then the wheel bearings will not have anything to ride on and will fail almost immediately. The only way to remove the front axle is to replace the front knuckles and hub assemblies with that of a 2WD drive truck.
Expert:  chrlsman replied 5 months ago.
see the pic:
Expert:  chrlsman replied 5 months ago.
You can just bearly see in the picture of the hub assembly that there are splines when the CV shaft slides into. This gives the hub bearings support from the inside to carry the weight of the vehicle.
Expert:  chrlsman replied 5 months ago.
I know this is not the info you were hoping for, but I hope you did find it informative. Please proceed with a rating of 4 or 5 stars. This will tell other customers that I give good service.Thanks - Chris
Expert:  chrlsman replied 5 months ago.
This post will end soon. Please do rate my answer. As an independent contractor, I do not receive any credit for answering your question if no rating is given. Let me know if you have additional questions, but please proceed with a 4 or 5 star rating.thanks- Chris