Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years of automotive Repair

Pathfinder: .....this is the story ....(sorry english)...93

Customer Question

Hello.....this is the story ....(sorry for my english)...93 pathfinder XE 3.0L 2RWD....since 2 years , the Drive doesn't work , no problem , i start with the shift on 2, work well from 1 to 2 and then rev up until 3000rpm , shift on Drive , and all is ok.........since 2 months , the car doesn't move on first gear after night , in the morning , ..i have to wait 5 minutes , driving reverse a little bit , wait , and after the first gear work , to 2 , rev up to catch the third gear , pass the shift on Drive , all is ok............once arriving to the trafic light , idle , the Drive doesn't work , i have to repass to first gear then 2 , then rev up , then catch the third gear with the Drive , all is ok ....... after driving 10 minutes , the Drive work finally well , even if i stop the car or i let the car on idle , all is like new .....after the night , in the morning , i have to restart all the process , and then all work like new.....can you help me , thank you
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.In order to determine if the problem you are having with the transmission is an internal problem or an electronic control issue you are going to need to start first with scanning the computer system to see if there are any fault code setting. If you can get this done and post back with the results I will see if I can help you with this problem.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ok Ron ...well received your message ....the ECU is under the passenger seat ..i am going to scan the ECU ...and i will post back...thank you Ron
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
Okay, let me know the results and we can work from there.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Ron ...or the moment i am a little bit busy ...i am going to check the computer codes...thank you
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
Sure thing, Im here when you ready.