Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Altima: 2007 Nissan Altima 154K. After running at highway speed

Customer Question

2007 Nissan Altima 154K. After running at highway speed for about one hour high pitch whine develops and rpm jumps to 4-5k and speedo zeros. Power is still there but rpms remain at 4-5K. After cooling 20 minutes everything is normal until out on road again for about same time. No problem starting - No loss of power or rough idling
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 6 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. As you know, noises are hard for us to diagnose. I believe the issue causing the noise is the CVT transaxle though I believe its occurring from the speedometer concern you mentioned. Do you have a scan tool to check the TCM and ABS to see if the speed signal is being lost there. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris