peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.

NV 2500 van: I have a Nissan nv2500 van and a problem that

Customer Question

I have a Nissan nv2500 van and a problem that has not been diagnosed. The problem is while driving the van one day all the lights on dash lit up at once and the tach and speedometer stop working. There was no acceleration available either. I pulled into a hotel and shut van off and it would not even try to start. No clicking sound nothing. I called for a tow truck in the morning to get a tow to a Nissan service dealer in the area I was in. The van was taken off truck and started up. The mechanic said the cables to battery were loose. I had no problem for weeks and it did the same thing again but this time I drove it to the closest dealer. They took the cables off and said they could not talk to computer and talked to the first dealer I was at to see what they found They left van sit overnight and when they came in the next day the van started up. They could not find anything wrong I am wondering what is going on with the electrical system and am wondering if this could be an ignition problem. They said they checked the ignition, but I am thinking it is a intermittent problem. Please help
Category: Nissan
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 5 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. One of the most common causes for a fault like this here is usually the electronic ignition switch itself.I have seen this switch act up on several models and intermittently like this here needing replaced.If they did not test the ignition switch itself when it was acting up this needs done.If found at fault it will need to be replaced to correct this fault here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete