peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.

Pathfinder: My alarm went off on my Nissan Pathfinder 1999

Customer Question

My alarm went off on my Nissan Pathfinder 1999 SE so we pulled the cable for the horn. Now the car won't start at all. Replaced the battery but nothing happens. How can we fix it?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 5 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. If you havent yet try locking and unlocking the doors with the key/remote itself and see if the alarm then disengages and the vehicle then starts.If this does not work or was already tried let me know so we can continue from here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Pete, thanks for your response. This was already tried. Is there something else we can try?
Is anything after market installed on your model at all here?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No nothing after market. We replaced the battery in case that was it but there is still no power or anything.
Re check and make sure all fuses are good in all fuse panels.If there are any issues with any blown fuses or missing fuses the affected fuses will need replaced to correct this fault here.If this is or has been checked already and no issues found let me know. Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok well try that. I'll let you know. Thank you
Your welcome. Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here. Thanks Pete