Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

I have a 2008 Nissan Rogue that was driving fine under normal

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Nissan Rogue that was driving fine under normal conditions. Occasionally after driving highway speeds above 70 for 15-20 min increments the engine would bog down and then come back up and run fine, however upon trying to go from a stopped position after the bog down the car doesn't want to go. If I put in neutral and then back to drive it helps, but the car will very slowly get up to speed and then will drive fine until another long drive at higher speeds.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: My wife drove home and parked the car a week ago and until today when I started the car it would start for 5-10 secs and then bog down and die. Today I kept the rpms up for a bit and now it will idle and then bog down every min or two and then come back up to idle.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Nissan Mechanic should know about your Nissan?
Customer: Yes I want to fix myself
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 7 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. Do you have a Service Engine Soon light on when the engine is running? Also did you find that if you tried to accelerate lightly it would accelerate? it would just bog under a heavier acceleration? Let me know