Frontier: We have a 2009 Nissan Frontier - 125,000+ miles The

Customer Question

We have a 2009 Nissan Frontier - 125,000+ miles
The following situation has happened twice now in a period of 7 days:
Wife was driving slowly down a hill and approaching a sharp turn to t he left and the engine just shut down and everything went dead. Instrument panel was still lighted; All warning lights could be seen lighted up; Radio was still working; But no engine turning over. Wife had to coast to a stop. After waiting 5 minutes or so, she tried starting the truck again, and after several struggling cranks over, it finally started right up, and she made it home. I checked the battery connections and thought it may be the positive connector, and cleaned the post; re-tightened the connector; and started the truck again. We did have a full tank of gas. All was well. We used the truck successfully for a week. Then
I was driving the truck home last night, came up a hill and just turned to the right and the engine just shut down again. This time I had the head lights on and the radio on. The instrument panel was all lighted up, the radio was still playing, and the head lights were still on bright. Again we had a full tank of gas.
I suspect this is not an electrical problem, but a fuel injector problem. Is it true a vehicle equipped with fuel injection system will shut down the engine when the fuel flow is to low to be handled by the fuel system?
I don't know what else could account for this sporadic problem. I can't be electrical since all electrical systems still operated at the failure. It could be a sensor faulty detection and shutting down the engine to protect the vehicle?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 5 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. Most stalling issues I have seen on these trucks are Cam Sensor related. The fact there is no codes could be that it's at its beginning of it failing. Does this only happen at night?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Jay,I want to sincerely ***** ***** for addressing and responding to my concerns. I apologize for not replying sooner, but with Mother's day and a other events, I could not reply until today.Wife was most concerned about her truck, so we took it in to the dealer Monday morning.It turns out to be a crank sensor.Thank you. Let's close this ticket out
Expert:  Jay replied 5 months ago.
Your welcome.. Glad you were able to get the issue resolved. I will close this out. Thanks Jay!