Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

My 2005 pathfinder showed me a code p0507 and the rpm are too

Customer Question

My 2005 pathfinder showed me a code p0507 and the rpm are too high. I looks like the car is acelerated and in the dashboard the "vdc and slip" light came on . What the problem might be?
JA: Let's get those codes to the mechanic so you two can figure this issue out ASAP. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: The mechanic already checked he said its a solenoide problem. I chage the solenoide and its still there, he cleaned the throttle body and still the code there. I might do it by my self but im not sure if i have to go to nissan dealer and get the parts or so
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Nissan Mechanic should know about your Nissan?
Customer: Its just acelerated shows the code p0507 and it showed me once the code p1800, but all this thing happened cuz a p0430 code was on . And the mechanic said it mamight be air leaking spark plugs etc. he cleaned the check engine light i went for a ride but still showing those three codes
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Roy Belding replied 7 months ago.
good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist what solenoid???? did he do the idle volume re learn??? the 430 code has no effect on any of the issues. it is a cat efficiency code only. Roy
did your guy check for vacuum leaks??? did he check the base idle settings???
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The solenoide is tho one on the top of the engine under the engine cover . Its a small one it has a air duct from the intake to a vaccum part then after the vaccum part goes to the small solenoide, the solenoide has two vaccum hose one comes from the vaccum cilinder part and the other hose goes to the intake
ok, can you post a picture. the code does not indicate any solenoid issue. sounds like that was just a guess but want to see what was done Roy
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Those are
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I think the mechanic didn connect the hoses in the right position i believe so
if you are referring to the big round one in the bracket, it is for the egr system. it has nothing to do with the idle circuit did you check the list I sent you??? Roy
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes I saw the lost . There is no air leaks , the pcv system he has to check , but he still saying tha the hoses of the solenoide are in wring position and he just moved them again
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Look he switched the hoses again
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Check it out
ok, once again it has nothing to do with the idle area, just the egr control.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
He says thats the reason why the car is over rpm. But i think i have to take it to the dealer cuz you know im wasting my time here and these guys dont guess the problem right. What im concern is that after he did all this to my car the slip and vdc/off lights came on
you are listening to wrong advice from your guy. sorry I will opt out as you are not listening to anything I am telling you Roy
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hey! Im just telling you what happened . My car was ok before this guy did all this things. Any way thanks for you advises. Have a good day
you too