Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.

It has 188,000 miles on it ,v-6,runs bad most of the time,every

Customer Question

It has 188,000 miles on it ,v-6,runs bad most of the time,every once in a wild runs good .this morning it cranks on fire,checked fuel pressure 50 psi ,sounds like no air
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: If you double turn the inigition key twice it will start,not today
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No i am a mechanic at shop
JA: OK! The Nissan Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Nissan Mechanic should know about your Nissan?
Customer: Fuel pump has been changed
JA: So many things can cause fuel pump issues. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with them. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 months ago.
HI there,Can you elaborate a bit on this statement please?,v-6,runs bad most of the time,every once in a wild runs good .this morning it cranks on fire,Also, what year and model vehicle is this please?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am getting codes p1610,p1614,u1001,u1000,p0113
Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 months ago.
It would be really helpful to know the year and the model of the vehicle I am dealing with here.Also, as I asked previously, what you mean by it cranks on fire?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
2006 Nissan frontier*****V-6 ENGINE
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Did you see the code my snap on scanner showed
Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 months ago.
Yes, I see the codes, is the security light on solid or flashing when cranking the engine?Is the truck starting or not?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No not starting, is cranking
Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 months ago.
ok, and the security light?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yes it is on now
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Light is shaped like a car with a wrench flashing red
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 months ago.
OkThe first two codes you gave me are for the immobilizer. This means the computer doesn't recognize the key anymore and has shut the fuel injector off. This can be testing if it will start and run briefly on carb cleaner or starting fluid.The U codes are for the lan system, basically it means one of the modules isn't communicating with the computer. I suspect the immobilizer may be the root cause of the truck not starting, and the poor running could be an issue with one of the control modules. Although it might be running bad when it does run because of plugged up catalytic converters. I have also seen this prevent the trucks from starting if they are in really bad shape.I would start by getting the key programmed if the light is on while cranking the engine.