I'm getting a p1183 code. What is involved to repair it? JA:

Customer Question

I'm getting a p1183 code. What is involved to repair it?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Nothing, it runs great
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No, I just want a little knowledge so I know I'm getting an honest diagnosis
JA: OK! The Nissan Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?
Customer: 195000 miles 05 Xterra
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  eric replied 5 months ago.
HI, Can you recheck that code as I am not showing it for your vehicle
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It is an EOT sensor circuit malfunction
Expert:  eric replied 5 months ago.
HI,That is one of the generic codes and is not applicable to yours as yours doesnt have an engine oil temperature sensor