Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

Error code pa200 2006 nissan pathfinder 84,000 miles JA: Let's

Customer Question

error code pa200 2006 nissan pathfinder 84,000 miles
JA: Let's get those codes to the mechanic so you two can figure this issue out ASAP. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: nothing truck runs great just that code made it fail inspection
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: if i can
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Nissan Mechanic should know about your Nissan?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jared D replied 7 months ago.
Hi,The pa200 isn't a standard trouble code. They typically start with a P0... I have never seen a pa200 and can't find one listed in the 2006 pathfinder reference materials. Is it possible that you have any other trouble codes?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Im sorry its P2A00
Expert:  Jared D replied 7 months ago.
Oh ok. That makes more sense. That code points to a bad oxygen sensor. The problem is usually in the bank 1 sensor, but sometimes you have to replace both sensors in order to solve the problem. Do you plan to fix it yourself?
Expert:  Jared D replied 7 months ago.
The sensors in question are circled here. Bank 1 sensor 1 and 2 are usually needed when we see the p2a00 code.
Expert:  Jared D replied 7 months ago.
This code can also come on because of exhaust leaks. Do you hear any unusual exhaust noise?
Expert:  Jared D replied 7 months ago.
I'm leaving the shop for the day. I'll check back in the evening.
Expert:  Jared D replied 7 months ago.
Hi,Did you still need help with this? I never received a response.