George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master 15+ years

93 altima break lights stay on even when car off pressing

Customer Question

93 altima break lights stay on even when car off pressing break doesn't matter replaced break switch no diff.behind fuse panel i saw a clip attached with 2 wires not plugged into anything especially into the back fuse panel plug is only long enough to plug into panal i am big guy and couldn't see where it went .seems like it should go somewhere and please is this causing my problem.only other thing not plug in is the diagnostic plug checker near it
Category: Nissan
Expert:  George H. replied 5 months ago.
Hello I will help you with your question, If the new brake switch is plugged in and you can push the plunger all the way in to have the lights turn off look at the bracket where the tip of the plunger rests. Most of the time the plastic button that sits in the hole has cracked and fell out. Get a package of trim buttons from an autopart store and fill the hole with one of the buttons. Let me know what you are seeing so I can help Thank you