sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Both slide door handles have broken off on the outside and

Customer Question

both slide door handles have broken off on the outside and will no longer work from the inside
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: all the door handles on this car hAVE PROBLEMS, i NEED THE SLIDE DOORS TO WORK FIRST
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I cant see how to remove the panels from the inside, dosnt hel[p that the doors wont open
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Nissan Mechanic should know about your Nissan?
Customer: that is it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 8 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!If the inside and outside handles have both broken then what you'll need to do is remove the door panel to access the linkage and open the doors by hand.All door panels are held on differently to an extent, usually with a combination of screws and push-in clips.What year and model is the vehicle?