Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Titan: trying to replace a rear axle. not sure if I need a

Customer Question

trying to replace a rear axle. not sure if I need a locking differential.
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
for 2004 titan LE
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 7 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Are you asking if you have a limited slip differential or asking if you should install a locking differential?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The part I'm looking to buy says "without locking differential" I don't know if that's something I need
There are 3 kinds of axles available.Open- provides power to the rear tire that has the least resistance. So on pavement power will go to each wheel equally. In mud or snow the tire with the least traction will spin freely.Limited slip- There are clutches in the differential. It works like an open but there are clutches that provide some power to the other wheel.Electronic locking - It is an open differential until you lock it in with a switch then both rear tires get the same amount of power. If you rarely leave high traction pavement or concrete, then open will do just fine. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris