Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

A/C working intermittently, Nissan shop told me compressor

Customer Question

A/C working intermittently, Nissan shop told me compressor clutch was going out, wanted $1100 to repair. Just replaced the compressor, drew vacuum on the system, started to recharge the system and have not been able to get the clutch to engage with roughly 12 oz of 134 and an oil charge. Looking for the a/c relay? Is it under the dash as indicated in the drawings. 2011 Altima 2.5L
JA: Many things can cause trouble with the A/C. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just what I mentioned above
JA: Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 5 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Can i get your year, make, model, engine?You mentioned a 11 Altima but I can not tell if that is your car?
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris