chrlsman
chrlsman, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I am a certified ASE Master Technician with L1 Advanced Diagnostic Specialist and over 15 years experience.
29613880

Car will not start red key blinking on dash board JA: Sometimes

Customer Question

car will not start red key blinking on dash board
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: 2013 Nissan Maxima will not start There is a red car with key on dash
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: using key to unlock and relock car
JA: Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  chrlsman replied 7 months ago.
Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I am one of the Nissan techs here. The blinking light on the dash is your immobilizer system. The module in the car is not communicating with your electronic key fob. The most likely cause is just bad battery in the key fob as this is very common. You can visit any auto parts store, Batteries Plus, dealer, or electronics store to buy a new battery. They are pretty easy to open to access the lithium ion battery. the battery itself should only be around $8 - $15.
Expert:  chrlsman replied 7 months ago.
I hope this information has been helpful to you. If so, please proceed with a rating. 4 or 5 stars will tell other customers that I give good service. If you have follow up questions, feel free to ask.- Chris
Expert:  chrlsman replied 6 months ago.
please rate this answer