sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Altima: I'm wondering about how to go about starting my

Customer Question

hi I'm wondering about how to go about starting my car I let my friend borrow my car to drive an hour away to Wichita Kansas I am inhutchinson and they called me and said that they can't find the keys I have a 2010 Nissan altima with a push start
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!Unfortunately there isn't a way to operate the vehicle without a functional, programmed key in the vehicle. The key has to be in the vehicle and validated for the engine to start. If you have another key then that key is going to need to make it to the vehicle somehow. If another isn't available then a dealer or locksmith will need to program a new one at the vehicle.