Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Where can I find the schematics relays. I have a 2006

Customer Question

where can I find the schematics for my relays. I have a 2006 pathfinder and I'm needing to find a/c compressor relay (not fuse). please
JA: Many things can cause trouble with the A/C. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: a/c compressor is not engaging. it's not frozen. checked fuse and it's fine. relays aren't labeled so I don't know where the compressor relay is. as of now, thinking compressor relay switch or low pressure cut off switch.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes. however, my IPDM is white and I found that there was a recall on the IPDM and that if it had been completed, I'd have a black one. Not sure if that has anything to do with this.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Listed all that in initial msg. Fuses checked, ambient pressure checked, compressor shaft manually turns (not frozen)
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Nissan Mechanic should know about your Nissan?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 7 months ago.
The compressor relay or A/C relay is located in the IPDM (intelligent power distribution module) and is not servicable.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I also mentioned what all I've tried along with what I think I need to try next. Do you not have any other suggestions??
How much pressure do you have in the system?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ambient is at 80 psi
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm definitely thinking trying this out may have been a mistake. Clearly, the info provided by me from the beginning was not reviewed, in turn causing me to be charged for responses that I already stated. That's why paying anything more than what I've been charged thus far is not an option, not for faster answers, not for a phone call, not for my info to be reiterated back to me as your attempt to help me fix my issue. I find this service quite misleading and seems much like a scam. I will look further into it before I submit my overall review.
Expert:  Jay replied 7 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. The AC relay is integrated into the IPDM. So you can not attempt to manually jump the AC compressor to make it come on. The most common cause to keep the AC compressor from coming on is Freon Level. If you don't have enough freon in the system, the AC pressure sensor will not allow the AC compressor to come on to protect the system. So what I would suggest you have done is the AC system have it recharged. Then check it's operation. Also keep in mind that Nissan AC systems come with dye in it for leak detection. So it wouldn't hurt to go through the system with a black light and yellow glasses to see if there is any leaks as well. Do you have any more questions on this?