Greg, import technician
Experience:  import Technician . Shop Owner ,. 27 years experience,

I'm Dan, my 2005 Nissan Altima air bag light stays on and

Customer Question

Hi, I'm Dan, my 2005 Nissan Altima air bag light stays on and flashes. What's the problem and how do I reset or fix it?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It happened couple days back. Noticed the light stayed on and flashing after I started the car which took slightly longer than usual.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: disconnected the battery and waited a minute to see if it would reset.
JA: Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?
Customer: It was in a front end accident but most of the damage was on the hood and drivers head lamp, this was over a year back.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Greg replied 5 months ago.
Hi and good morning . If the airbag light comes and and flashes after the engine is started then this means you have a internal malfunction with the airbag system.You need to get hooked up to a diagnostic scan tool and in air bag mode check for malfunction codes .From the airbag codes you will then know what has malfunctioned to trip on the airbag light.If the car was in an accident then you may fins that the front shock sensors may be the problem or the wiring got damaged and now is causing the issue ,but a diagnostic scan is the only way to know what is causing this issue . Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed. Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,A bad rating does not constitute a refund.If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .Kind regards Greg.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry, went on a trip, problem solved by a mechanic friend. Thanx..
Expert:  Greg replied 5 months ago.
Okay good thank you .. Rgds Greg