peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

300ZX: I have a 1992 300ZX with a broken hood release. Ho

Customer Question

I have a 1992 300ZX with a broken hood release. Ho can I get the hood open?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. Unfortunately when this type of fault here occurs like this the hood needs released manually at the hood release latch.I have had to break away part of the grill or try and release it from under the vehicle before in some cases.If you have not attempted any of these at all this needs done to see if it will release then.If this was already attempted let me know. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Those suggestions were tried and still need a way to access the manual hood release without destroying the hood or front grill. I see no access point from underneath . With that said Nissan must have designed in some manual hood release method even if it means some disassembly .
Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself.I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.Thanks Pete