mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco
93239347

I bought a 2012 nissan versa and keyless entry does not work.

Customer Question

i bought a 2012 nissan versa and keyless entry does not work. I see a screw in the key so i took it out to see if it needs a battery but appears the key does not come apart
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Nissan Mechanic will know what to do. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: the clicker thingy does not unlock or lock the door
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: well does it require me taking the key to nissan?
JA: Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  mike switzer replied 7 months ago.
it does come apart but you need to remove the key first. and the screw just holds it together. when you remove the key then you will see a spot that you can pry it apart.