mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco
93239347

I bought a 2012 nissan versa and keyless entry does not work.

Customer Question

i bought a 2012 nissan versa and keyless entry does not work. I see a screw in the key so i took it out to see if it needs a battery but appears the key does not come apart
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Nissan Mechanic will know what to do. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: the clicker thingy does not unlock or lock the door
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: well does it require me taking the key to nissan?
JA: Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  mike switzer replied 10 months ago.
it does come apart but you need to remove the key first. and the screw just holds it together. when you remove the key then you will see a spot that you can pry it apart.