Matt, Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, worked in auto industry for 22 years on engine, transmission and suspension design
12772297

Nissan altima: 02 maxima, new ps pump new steering rack, has

Customer Question

02 maxima, new ps pump new steering rack, has tight steer till full right. U joint shaft loose, ball joints and tie rod ends new
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Matt replied 7 months ago.
Hello this could be a worn strut top bearingTo feel if there's a worn strut top bearing then lightly hold the spring by hand and have your assistant move the steering from left to right with the wheel on the ground - a worn bearing will feel 'notchy' through the spring. The wheel needs to be on the ground for the test to load up the bearing
Expert:  Matt replied 7 months ago.
Hido you still need help?Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Back burner now, that was my suspicion, if you're right I'll be more than happy to pay, just fired a 67 cougar I've been building
Expert:  Matt replied 7 months ago.
understood a 67 cougar though thats some machineI can understand why the more mundane job is taking a back seat
Expert:  Matt replied 7 months ago.