Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years of automotive Repair

My name is ***** *****'m trying to trouble shoot my horn

Customer Question

hello my name is ***** ***** trying to trouble shoot my horn on my 2004 Nissan titan
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: when I press the lock bottom it work, but i can't press it on the steering wheel
JA: Many things can cause steering issues. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: i've check the fuse and it was good
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Nissan Mechanic should know about your Nissan?
Customer: my airbag light and my ABS light is also on
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.If the horn blows with the lock button the the problem is likely with the horn switch or the connection through it.Start first with checking to see if you are getting the ground signal from the horn switch to the horn relay. See the wiring diagram in the link below for reference. Copy and paste the link below to your browser to open and view it. this and post back if you have more questions and or need more help.