Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years of automotive Repair

I have an Instrument Cluster out of a 2000 XterraI am

Customer Question

I have an Instrument Cluster out of a 2000 XterraI am trying to learn how to light and repair these things for a school project.I do not know how to read wiring diagrams well; so, that may or not be helpful by themselves.I want to know which wires (ideally color codes with or without stripes) I need to connect to POS or NEG so that I can light them up completely and read the stored mileage on the odometer.I will ask a separate question for each separate make and model we are studying.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Ron replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.The power wires to the cluster are the white/black wire (pin #17) and the red/yellow wire (pin #18) and the ground wire is the black wire (pin #36) . If you power these and ground the ground wire the cluster should turn on. See the wiring diagram for reference as well. Have a look and see if this is what you needing.