Kevin, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician

VDC OFF and slip light come on causing pathfinder to be in

Customer Question

VDC OFF and slip light come on causing pathfinder to be in neautral, stop car, turn off and back on lights go off. Went to dealership and they are sure its the acc pedal sensor and throttle chamber, does this sound right?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I'm just trying to figure out if this will fix it
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Nissan Mechanic should know about your Nissan?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Kevin replied 6 months ago.
hi im kevin on one hand yes this sounds right as both of these parts will cause your symptoms .but on the other its normally one fails or the other very unusual to have acc pedal sensor and throttle position fail a the same time