Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

2013 Nissan Maxima, parked month... Would not start!

Customer Question

2013 Nissan Maxima, parked for a month... Would not start! Cables were severely corroded. Battery ad a lot of corrosion an looked "hot". Changed cable ends and fusible link... New battery installed. Car will crank but will not start
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Nissan Mechanic will know what to do. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Only problem now is it will crank but will not start
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes, I feel it is something simple.... Note fusible link was not blown. Too much corrosion to salvage connecting nuts to terminal ends. Was easier to plung in new link
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Nissan Mechanic should know about your Nissan?
Customer: *plug Security light is not on, and it appears t,o stay in the on position
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Disconnected ground cable for 15 minutes. Reconnected. All has reset. Started as normal... Problem solved...thanks
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 6 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Sorry no one has gotten to you yet. I believe I can help if your still in need of help after this long wait?
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris