chrlsman
chrlsman, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I am a certified ASE Master Technician with L1 Advanced Diagnostic Specialist and over 15 years experience.
29613880

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8s no power to the wiper motor JA: Sometimes

Customer Question

2004 Nissan Sentra 1.8s no power to the wiper motor
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Ok
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked fuses
JA: Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?
Customer: Checked power to the wiper motor nothing just groud
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  chrlsman replied 10 months ago.
hi there. My name is ***** ***** I am one of the Nissan techs here.See the attached wiring diagrams. The 1st is one is if you wipers have an intermittent setting and the 2nd one is if they do not.Either way, both the wiper switch and motor have power at all times. The circuit is grounded through the switch when you move it to the proper setting.using a test light or DMM, you should get a voltage reading at the wiper motor at all times. If you do not, then you either have a:1. blown fuse2. broken wire (open)3. faulty connector
Expert:  chrlsman replied 9 months ago.
This post will end soon. Please do rate my answer. As an independent contractor, I do not receive any credit for answering your question if no rating is given. Let me know if you have additional questions, but please proceed with a 4 or 5 star rating.thanks- Chris
Expert:  chrlsman replied 9 months ago.