Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

While driving m car I cam to a red light. After a minute or

Customer Question

While driving m car I cam to a red light. After a minute or two waiting for the light to change, the car started sputtering and when the light changed I tried to go and the car just died. Several people stopped and told me it was the fuel pump. So after getting the car home I ordered a new fuel pump and the car still won't start, cranks but won't connect. The car now keeps blowing the ignition fuse (about 6 of them) and looked it up and said maybe a crank sensor. My neighbor said the whole computer in the car is down. Can this be possible?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 7 months ago.
Hi. It is possible for the computer to have had a failure. It is not really that common though. Finding out why the fuses keep blowing is probably the best start.