peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

My car will not start Tue brake lights come on..I replaced

Customer Question

Hi my car will not start Tue brake lights come on..I replaced the brake light switch and still the same thing abs vdc and slip light come one battery in key fob is new as well.
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Nissan Mechanic will know what to do. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: When I attempt to start it says to press brake even when I'm already pressing it. Then the lights come on but does not start.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If possible if not I will take to dealership I just would like to have a better idea of what's happening so I can decide to fix myself or have dealership but they just keep telling me 1000$
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Nissan Mechanic should know about your Nissan?
Customer: 2010 altima hybrid no other issues with vehicle.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. The first thing that needs done here is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set.Then from there the codes diagnosed to locate and repair this issue.This can be a fault in the anti lock brake unit not sensing the brake switch signal or a wiring fault at or leading to the anti lock brake unit itself.This will have to be tested further to help locate and repair this issue here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete