Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.

2005 Nissan Altima-The interior, trunk and engine compartment

Customer Question

2005 Nissan Altima-The interior, trunk and engine compartment lights are not working. I can't determine what fuse it would be as it's not labeled.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: 2005 Nissan Altima- Interior lights not working and can't find the fuse.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've looked at all 3 fuse boxes but none are labeled for interior lights
JA: Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?
Customer: Not at this time, thanks
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 months ago.
Hi there,The interior lighting is handled by the body control module. You can't find a fuse listed for them specifically because the BCM sees signals and turns the lights on. You can check the fuses for the BCM to see if one of them has blown and is causing the issue, but from here it looks like the BCM may have stopped working.I am sending along a diagram of the interior fuse box, I highlighted the 2 fuses to check. If one is blown, then it's likely the problem, if not, then it should be diagnosed with the scan tool to see if the BCM is the problem.Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.Thank you so much!