Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.

Yes the red light on my nissan alt keeps flashing and my car

Customer Question

Yes the red light on my nissan alt keeps flashing and my car wont start
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The red keep blinking off and on everytime i open the door
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Idk if i can yes if i cant no
JA: Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 months ago.
Hi there,What year and model is your Nissan please?Also, what is happening when you try to start it? Any clicking sounds or anything?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
2012 nissan altama and yes the red light is flash and i can here a clicking is clicking
Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 months ago.
OkIf it's a rapid clicking, then the battery is likely low and you need a jump start. The light flashing is normal unless it's not going out when you try to start it. Usually a single click is the starter itself which I don't think it would be on a car this new. If the light doesn't go out when you try to start it, then you are right it's a security problem. I would start with a jump however. Leave the donor car on it for about 15 minutes and then make a start attempt and let me know.Thanks