Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

Frontier 2010 v6 4.0 new starter,alternator & battery but everytime

Customer Question

frontier 2010 v6 4.0 new starter,alternator & battery but everytime you start the engine keeps blowing fusible link fuse by the positive terminal of the battery what is the problem is there a wire that grounded or something?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 7 months ago.
If you just replaced the alternator, check the connections. Alot of them have a nylon type washer that prevents the terminal connector from grounding against the mount bracket. I have seen many people not put it back when replacing the alternator which causes it to ground out and blow the link.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i just put back the alternator & wires but still keep blowing fuse, i change the ignition switch too! any idea? thank you
Expert:  Jake replied 7 months ago.
if your positive the alternator lead is not grounding on the alternator housing or bracket or anywhere else on its way to the link at the battery then I want you to check the charge rate leaving the alternator where it connects at with a voltmeter please.