Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

Frontier 2010 v6 4.0 new starter,alternator & battery but everytime

Customer Question

frontier 2010 v6 4.0 new starter,alternator & battery but everytime you start the engine keeps blowing fusible link fuse by the positive terminal of the battery what is the problem is there a wire that grounded or something?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 10 months ago.
If you just replaced the alternator, check the connections. Alot of them have a nylon type washer that prevents the terminal connector from grounding against the mount bracket. I have seen many people not put it back when replacing the alternator which causes it to ground out and blow the link.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i just put back the alternator & wires but still keep blowing fuse, i change the ignition switch too! any idea? thank you
Expert:  Jake replied 10 months ago.
if your positive the alternator lead is not grounding on the alternator housing or bracket or anywhere else on its way to the link at the battery then I want you to check the charge rate leaving the alternator where it connects at with a voltmeter please.