Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years of automotive Repair

Altima: I have a 2008 Altima Coupe. I am having huge window

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Altima Coupe. I am having huge window problems! My Windows won't roll up! They said it was the motor and regulator. When they got one to replace it. Turns out it was the not that. Then they said it was the door switch, got one to replace it. Still won't work. What else could it be and what can I do to fix it without spending a crap ton of money?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.In order to be able to help you we need a bit more information, when you say the windows do not work , are you saying none of them work or is it one or the other. Please post back with complete information and I will see if I can help you get this resolved.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
None of them work. At first my passenger window would work.. But the passenger door would only work on the passenger side... and now neither of them do no not.
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
One very common cause for this type of problem can be caused by a broken wire and or wires in the drivers door jam harness.. Have then pull the boot back at the driver door on the door jam harness from the body to the door and inspect the wiring for any signs of a broken wire.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'll have them look as soon as he gets off work.. In the meantime, is there any way I can get the windows to roll up without the power window feature? It's supposed to rain soon and I'm pretty desperate. I just want my Windows to go back up!
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
If you not getting power to them, the only way to get them up would be to remove the motor and pull them up by hand and the bolt the motor back in to hold them up.