I need help I out a new fuel pump today and it will start but

Customer Question

I need help I out a new fuel pump today and it will start but when I put it in drive it won't go over 1rpm even with the petal to the floor
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: My car won't go over 1rpm when in drive but when in park I can reve the engine when in park and go all the way to 6rpms but as soon as I put it in drive it just won't go, i mean it will go but not any faster than 1 to 2 toms even with the petal to the floor
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Ya
JA: Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?
Customer: When I was just getting the car started for the frist time in a year I accadently put the battery on backwards but after that it still started
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Nissan Mechanic will know what to do. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  eric replied 5 months ago.
HI,First, what is the year, model, and engine size of your Nissan?Is the check engine light on? Was this an issue before hooking up the battery incorrectly? Did you check all fuses and relays at this point?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Nissan Sentra 2006 1.8 SE
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The check engine light is on
No this was not a problem before the battery was put on the wrong way
I have checked all the fuses but I don't know what a relay is
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Please help me I can do the work on the car myself but not if I don't know what is wrong with it
Expert:  Jay replied 5 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. You mentioned that the Service Engine Soon light is on, do you know what code you have?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No I do not know what code it is
Expert:  Jay replied 5 months ago.
Well that is the first thing we need to see. Do you know anyone with a code reader?