Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.

I have a 2000 Nissan altima XE 2.4L engine. I have a no

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Nissan altima XE 2.4L engine. I have a no spark situation. I've replaced the crank, and the two cam sensors and still no start and no spark. I am looking for answers to this problem.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 months ago.
Hi there,Are there any stored codes?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry, I forgot to mention there are no codes. Checked fuel pressure, 52 psi. Checked compression, avg 135 psi. Inspected timing chain and found it to be solid, no slack in chain and no stripped gear teeth. Do you think it might be the pcm?
Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 months ago.
Well, usually if you don't have any spark on these it's a distributor issue. Take the cap and rotor off, then the plastic cover under the rotor. If there is oil in there it won't allow the cam sensor to work, this will prevent spark. Even if its clean, usually the coil will fail and that is inside the distributor. The cam sensor isn't replaced on these without replacing the distributor, so I am assuming you replaced the crank sensors.I would check the distributor, it's not likely the issue is the computer but it is possible. Prior to replacing that however, I would look at the distributor as the problem, it's much more common on these by a lot.Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.Thank you so much!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
This engine has coil over plugs, no distributor. Any other suggestion?
Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 months ago.
Yeah, how bout you tell me what year this car is?You stated it's a 2000 with a 2.4?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Correct. 2000 Altima XE 2.4L
Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 months ago.
The 2000 Nissan Altima does have a 2.4 L engine, but also uses a distributor. The 2.5 for 02 and newer uses the COP application. To be honest, I don't know what you have here.