Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.

I have a 2002 Nissan Maxima. The airbags were part of the

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Nissan Maxima. The airbags were part of the recall and replaced in September 2014. Now the airbag light is flashing and apparently the module is open and has to be replaced. The dealership is wanted $600 to do this. Can this happen - a module go bad??
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No, I was just wondering why something like this could happen and why is it not covered as part of the recall.
JA: OK! The Nissan Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right.
Customer: thanks
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Nissan Mechanic should know about your Nissan?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 6 months ago.
Hey there, thanks for the question. Are you saying that its the air bag control module that has now failed? Are you getting a specific module fault code?