Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.

Altima Hybrid: My 2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid car fobs - both

Customer Question

My 2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid car fobs - both of them are not working. One of them doesn't work at all and the other only sometimes. I have changed the batteries several times and it seems to be something else that isnt allowing the connection from fob to vehicle. Please help.
Susan Boraston
San Jose, cA.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 6 months ago.
Susan, thanks for the question. Since ONE of the remotes works "sometimes" and the other remote not at all, you really need to start by having the remotes checked. At the dealer we use a simple remote checker tool that can detect the signal when you press the remote. IF their not sending a consistant signal the remotes will need replaced, IF they are working normally then it's going ot be an issue with the remote receiver itself.