Need to clear my 2005 pathfinder throttle body. I see lots

Customer Question

Hi,need to clear my 2005 pathfinder throttle body. I see lots of people are having problems after they do a cleaning. what is the correct way to clean teh throttle body that is electronic.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I checked the throttle body and it needs to be cleaned. I was told to get the throttle plate to open turn on the ignition to the on position and slowly press the gas pedal that would open the throttle plate, it did not open. I did open it under those condition. Truck runs as normal but with service engine soon light on.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing
JA: Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Super mechanic replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site..It probably set a trouble code from cleaning the throttle body, (they seem to do that a lot) and would have to be cleared. There is a procedure for clearing it without a scan tool..If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large. You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it. I do not have access to your email address,