Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.
2921078

2012 Murano the ac clutch is not working JA: Sometimes things

Customer Question

2012 Murano the ac clutch is not working
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: No AC clutch will not engage, moves freely by hand
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I have bumper to bumper warranty, though I can change a relay if i knew where its located
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Nissan Mechanic should know about your Nissan?
Customer: I I am in Easly SC there is a dealership up the street the problem is Im from New Hampshire. I have a vibration from a CV joint
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 7 months ago.
Hi there,The compressor relay is part of the large fuse and relay center under the hood called the IPDM. If the relay is bad, then the whole IPDM would have to be replaced. This should be covered under the extended warranty for you. The more likely cause would be low freon to be honest and I am not sure if that would be covered unless some other component broke and let the level drop to low to have the a/c compressor come on. Even though you are from NH the extended warranty would be valid at any Nissan dealer assuming it's the Nissan extended warranty. This should also cover the cv joint issue you are having as well.Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.Thank you so much!
Expert:  Mike V. replied 7 months ago.
Hello again,I was wondering since I hadn't heard from you if you needed any more help with this?