It turns over but it does not car almost ran out

Customer Question

it turns over but it does not car almost ran out of gas but i put a quarter tank in and then it does not start after turning the key
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: it does not start but it does crank
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: i put gas in it
JA: Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?
Customer: i checked the battery terminals
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Nissan Mechanic will know what to do. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jay replied 6 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. What year and Model Nissan is this?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
2005 nissan altima
Expert:  Jay replied 6 months ago.
Thank you. Do you know if you have any codes?
Expert:  Jay replied 6 months ago.
Also what size engine do you have? 2.5 or 3.5?