Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.

Maxima1999: If I switch out my ignition switch lock cylinder

Customer Question

If I switch out my ignition switch lock cylinder tumbler electrical standard with immobiliser cause I lost the key but the new one didn't not come with a immobiliser do I have to reprogram to the computer
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 months ago.
HI there,The system will not work without a key with a chip in it. If you replace the lock cylinder and the new key doesn't have a chip, it cannot be reprogrammed and therefore will not allow you to start the car.The chip key sends the signal to the computer. We can't take the signal out of the computer even with reprogramming it. No matter what, you are going to need a chip key and to have the computer reprogrammed sorry to say.Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.Thank you so much!
Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 months ago.
Hello again,I was wondering since I hadn't heard from you if you needed any more help with this?