mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco

My key wont turn my ignition. It start when i needed a jump

Customer Question

My key wont turn my ignition. It start when i needed a jump the car would not start. Then someone pour pepsi on the battery cable and some soda went behind the battery i thought a fuse had blown once i could not turn my key.
JA: Figuring out why a car won't start can be a challenge - it could be a simple repair, or something a bit more complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes if i can or call a mobile locksmith
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Not alot just trying to turn steering wheel back and forth
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Nissan Mechanic should know about your Nissan?
Customer: Yes I replaced the battery a couple months ago cause i was needing a jump in less then a week time frame. I was told if the problem continued I may need to replace the alternator, which my car still needs a jump at times. This last time this is when the key would not turn
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  mike switzer replied 6 months ago.
there is nothing electrical that will prevent the key from turning only mechanical. if you are moving the wheel back and forth while trying to turn the key and it still will not turn then you will need a mobile locksmith in order to get this repaired.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank so much! Do u know sn estimate for this to be done?
anywhere from 50 to 250 depennding on your location
if you have no further questions i would appreciate if you took a moment to leave me a rating
justa friendly reminder i have not yet recieved a rating from you and this is how the site compensates us from your deposit. i am not paid until you leave me a star rating.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Im Sorry Mike but thanks so much for ur expertise this is the second that u help me with my car. When ever I need ur advise I prefer to have ur opinion because u have save me so much money able to tell the mechanic what Im there for oppose to just walking in not knowing what wrong with my car. Thanks so much!
really glad i could help twice i did not realize i had helped you before. but im glad that i was able you give you proper advice.