Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Name is ***** ***** and I have a 2003 Nissan Sentra gxe with

Customer Question

Name is ***** ***** and I have a 2003 Nissan Sentra gxe with codes p1122 and p1126 and I have replaced the throttle body sensor and the codes still appears on my reader. It won't accelerate past 2 rpm
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I also have done the relearning process over and over
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Nissan Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 6 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. I am sorry for the long day. I am checking to see if you are still in need of help first off?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes I still need help.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My 2003 sentra was running just fine but did need a alternator so I replaced it. The car was running fine for about two days. I started the car and set at idle for about 15min and it just cut off. I tried to start it but it just crank no start. Scan it and the for the code crank shaft position sensor plus p1122 and p1126 is what I got. I replaced the sensor and the car started just fine and idles fine. However when I press the gas pedal it only rev up to about 1500 to 2000 rpm. Note: I still have the codes p1122 and p1126. I replaced throttle position sensor and nothing changed. What should I do?
Quite often this is due to wiring breaks and chaffs in the wire harness for the throttle body, can you check that? At the throttle control relay, there should be voltage at the 2 White/Red wiresThe Pink wire should be a ground from the ECM.The Red/White wire should be voltage supply to the ECM for the throttle motor. If voltages are good, with the key on engine running the voltage should be 0 or groundedIf there is battery voltage, then the ECM hasn’t grounded the relay.Ground the Pink wire and the relay should turn on supplying the ECM pin 3(Red/White wire) with battery voltage.Once there is voltage to pin 3, the throttle motor should work. Can you do those tests? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes I'll try.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry but I am new to this wire testing thing. Could you better explain please.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I tested the wires on the the throttle control relayWith my multimeter readerWhile the ignition was on with and without the car running.Attached are the readings I got.
In test 1 you should of gotten battery voltage your image shows 0.01 so that means fuse 41 is blown under the hood or the wire is broken.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I only see fuses 1-19 under the hood. Where would fuse 41 be located
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The wire seems to be fine.
If the wire is fine though your still not getting voltage on this wire indicated fro test one then the fuse ha to be bad or your checking the wrong wires.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok I didn't get a voltage reading on the red wire when it was unplugged from throttle but I poked a hole in it and test it while it was plugged up and got a reading of 5.06.The fuse was fine btw.
Maybe it will be easier for you to follow the code tests and wire diagrams below so you know the outcome and result for each test.
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris