Clayso
Clayso, Master Automobile Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Automobile Technician. 30 Years Experience.
77147243

Same as what I'm looking at on your screen. Battery Light came

Customer Question

Same as what I'm looking at on your screen. Battery Light came on after Brake Light came on but goes out shortly then comes back on.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Brake Light came on for about 5 minutes, went off and stayed off for a while. Then, after the engine rested for 3 hours, went to travel 24 miles, the Brake Light came on again for about 3 minutes, then went off until I got onto the Freeway. Then both the Brake Light and the Battery Light came on together and stayed on for the rest of the trip.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Is it possible?
JA: Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?
Customer: Car had all 4 Brakes done recently.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Clayso replied 7 months ago.
Hi There, I'm Clay a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience.From your description there is a problem in the vehicle charging system. Nissan's brake and charging system warnings share the same circuit in the combination meter. Check or have the battery and the charging system checked. The regulator warning function activates to illuminate the charge warning lamp, if any of the following symptoms occur while alternator is operating. Excessive voltage is produced and or no voltage is produced. Most all automotive parts stores will check batteries and charging systems at no cost. Just to make sure there are no brake problems check the brake fluid level.I hope this information is helpful. If you have any questions let me know. You can reply back to me through this thread at any time.Kindly rate my assistance in a positive manner so I may have credit for helping you.Positive ratings are greatly appreciated.Thanks.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.