Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

My vehicle will not start. It turns over very strong. I have

Customer Question

My vehicle will not start. It turns over very strong. I have fuel and i have tested spark to the chassis and both are good. Spark plugs are new, spark plug wires are new. I sprayed starting fled into the intake and the vehicle was uneffected. I do not know what else it could be.
JA: Spark plug problems can be challenging. So many causes, some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with all of them. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have replaced spark plugs, and plug wires. New battery, Checking ground, checking fuel pressure. All are good.
JA: Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?
Customer: No.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 6 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. I am sorry for the long delay. We got really busy today. I am checking to make sure you still need help?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes I do
You wrote I have fuel does that mean you confirmed the injectors are pulsing or confirmed the fuel pressure is good?Normally when a vehicle will not start briefly on ether that means no spark or out of time. You have already ruled out spark so, a compression test is next. Can I get the year, make, model, engine? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I Tried starting fluid, that told me it wasn't effecive at all. I also have had compression test done. I tried my
Code scanner and it will not turn on.
What compression reading did you get at each cylinder?I still need to know the year, make, model, and engine?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I do not remember. The mechanic did it for me. 01 Nissan Altima gxe.
Can you recheck your spark to all cylinders and do the compression test yourself. It has to fire/start briefly using ether as a substitute fuel source.
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 5 months ago.
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris