eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor

Np300 2.5 petrol: good evening, nissan np300 2.5 petrol, sigle

Customer Question

good evening, nissan np300 2.5 petrol, sigle cab, year 2009, km 136000.
was driving from pta to kruger park. filled up with 93 green at middelburg engen.
no starting problems at 4 stops. this afternoon dead as a fried duck.
battery full. engine lights on with ignition. spark at all 4 plugs.
fuel filter inline under driver door clean and open.
whats up doc, on the fuel line from there ??
vehicle refuses to start. what to check.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  eric replied 6 months ago.
HI, Ok, so the engine turns over but doesnt start, or it doesnt turn over at all?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the engine turns over. the engine only have to fire and go.
i suspect a blocked fuel line from the inline filter forward.
i dont know how this vehicle's petrol system operates ; i cant get my hands in there on the left back of the engine.
what sits where ??. fuel pump, ?? filter ?? fuel cut-off valve ?? magic black box ?? relay ?? ect. ect.
Expert:  eric replied 6 months ago.
HI,The fuel pump is in the tank and there is a sock filter on the bottom of it. The first step is testing the fuel pressure. Look on the fuel rail at the intake manifold for a shraeder valve test port. Screw a fuel pressure gage onto it and crank engine over and see what the pressure is. If no shraeder valve, then disconnect the fuel line at the fuel rail, install a inline fuel pressure gage between the line and the rail and test the pressure. If you are not sure the pump is energizing, have some one remove the fuel cap and listen at the fuel filler pipe while you turn the key to the on position. If they hear a humming or buzzing noise, it is getting voltage so no issue with power to is such as relay or fuse or ECU
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
all your suggestions will be looked at tomorrow morning at sunrise.
ill have to get the vehicle going with what i got with me, by hook or by crook.
i had to walk up a koppy about 300 m uphill for a really weak signal.
i am in the middle of the bush and on my own.
now for a hot drink and a bite to eat. thanks so far. theo.
Expert:  eric replied 6 months ago.
HI, If you have a bit petrol in a jerry can, pour some into the throttle body. If it starts and runs for a few seconds, you have good spark but no fuel. If you confirm the fuel pump is energizing, then pretty much guaranteed insufficient pressure and need to replace the fuel pump Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. ThanksIf for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating
Expert:  eric replied 6 months ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.~Do you still need more help?~Confused by my info request or answer?~Need more time?~Confused on how the site works?~Need more detail or a different explanation?If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks